Glenrothes 8 Year Old The Macphail’S Collection
What they say
The MacPhail’s Collection from Glenrothes Distillery
8 Years Old, Strength 43%
- Colour Pale Gold.
- Body Light.
- Finish Fairly short.
- Cask Type Refill Sherry Hogsheads and Refill Bourbon Barrels.
- Style Aperitif.
Official tasting notes:
- AROMA without water Toasted malt with fruit aromas, hints of green apples and fresh coconut. A subtle salty sea air is also present.
- TASTE without water Sweet with floral and fruit flavours, banana and lemonade, and a slight walnut edge.
- AROMA with water Light and fruity with hints of pineapple, orange peel and grapefruit. A vanilla pod aroma lingers.
- TASTE with water Chilli spice with hints of blackberries and raspberries. Creamy with a milk chocolate edge.
What I say
Sampled as part of Gordon & MacPhail’s ‘The Wood Makes The Whisky’ Campaign. Thanks to Gordon & MacPhail for the official sample. This expression was distilled at the Glenrothes Distillery in Speyside and matured for a minimum of 8 years in both Refill Sherry Hogsheads and Refill Bourbon Barrels.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Antique yellow gold (9/20), fast medium-thickness legs
- Nose: New paint/paint thinners, honey, barley malt, sweetness of golden syrup, fruity apple, pear, lemon zest, woody oak, citrus lemon juice, pancakes with lemon and sugar.
- Taste: Smooth and a little viscous/oily, buttery, lemon juice on pancakes, almost orange zestiness, thin marmalade, malty, lightly toasted brown bread, Weetabix/porridge oats, cereal barley malt, breakfasty
- Finish: Medium and zesty – a little heart-warming/spirit and vaporous with reflux a touch of vanilla on re-sampling
Youthful and direct, bitter-sweet lemons but quite refreshing and lively/zesty this ended up being relatively one-dimensional ‘lemon juice on pancakes’
You must be at least 21 years of age to order and a signature of someone at least 21 years of age is required upon delivery. The customer is solely responsible for the shipment of alcohol and must abide by their local and state laws. Non-California residents accept all responsibility for determining if their state or county laws allow alcohol products to be shipped to their state or county.
All orders take 1-2 business days for processing. All orders placed Monday through Friday will be shipped out in 3-5 business days after processing. Orders placed on Friday after business hours, Saturday or Sunday will be shipped out 3-5 business days from the following Monday. No shipments are delivered on Saturday or Sunday. If the item is not currently in stock delivery may be delayed.
We cannot ship to PO boxes, APO/FPO addresses, or anywhere outside the United States.
We are not liable for damages incurred during shipping and transit. Please purchase shipping protection to protect your purchase.
CA Prop 65 Warning
CA Prop 65 Warning
WARNING: Drinking distilled spirits, beer, coolers, wine and other alcoholic beverages may increase cancer risk, and, during pregnancy, can cause birth defects. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/alcohol